5 bedroom House located at Uplyme, Lyme Regis - Guide Price of £ 1,500,000
Full Description:AN EXCEPTIONAL MODERN COUNTRY HOUSE WITH 8.5 ACRES IN A BEAUTIFUL RURAL SETTING
An exceptional modern country house with 8.5 acres in a beautiful rural setting with spectacular views to the South across an unspoilt valley.
Quietly tucked away yet only 2 miles from the Jurassic Coast at Lyme Regis
Luxury Kitchen/Breakfast Room with Aga
Utility and Garden Room
Gym/Home Cinema/Home Office
Master Bedroom Suite, with fitted Dressing Room
Guest Bedroom Suite
Family Bathroom with Jacuzzi Bath
Integral Double Garage
Garaging for 2/3 Vehicles
Self-contained Barn Flat
Delightful Gardens surrounding the House
Paddock, Wood and Field
All sitting in Private Grounds of about 8.5 acres
Built in 2003 to an extremely high specification with quality fittings, now offered in excellent condition.
Arranged over three floors with principal rooms taking full advantage of the southerly aspect and lovely views.
- Oak plank floors, oak internal doors and joinery
- Handmade kitchen units with granite tops
- Feature double fronted woodburner
- Verandah accessed from Drawing and Dining Rooms and Kitchen
- Hardwood windows and external doors
- Underfloor heating - Economy hot water tanks
- Villeroy and Bosch white sanitary ware
- Pharo Constant Power Showers by Hansgrobe
- Handmade solid oak galleried staircase
- Stunning paved terrace with fountain
- Charming covered seating area with open fire
- Hot tub on timber decked area
- Bespoke summerhouse with small patio
- Landscaped gardens with planting beds, raised vegetable garden
- Peaceful sitting out places with numerous mature trees and shrubs
- Electric gates and garage doors, ample parking
- Initial design and planing by Mary Benger of Burrow Farm Garden
- Terrace, woodland walks, tree and shrub planting by Angie Vincent
Garaging for 2/3 cars, utility with WC, large log shed and open fronted implement store.
Solar panel providing hot water to barn and flat.
Klargester rain water harvesting system supplying barn, flat, gardens, terrace, paddock and field.
THE BARN FLAT:
Self-contained with large living space, kitchenette and bedroom area, bathroom/WC. Slim line night storage heaters. Excellent quality and views. Also ideal as a home office suite or studio.
To the East of the house is a paddock with separate field gate to Woodhouse Lane, and above the garden and paddock is a delightful wooded area with mature oaks and hoards of foxgloves and bluebells. Beyond is a level field (about 5.75 acres) with a view to the sea and this is also accessed via a track further down Woodhouse Lane. In all approximately 8.5 acres.
In an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, quietly tucked away from busy main roads, Foxgloves is only 3/4 mile from the picturesque village of Uplyme with a thriving local community and an excellent range of facilities including post office/shop at the petrol station, pub, school, church, village hall and cricket club.
Lyme Regis is an historic coastal town noted for its many character buildings, centuries old Cobb Harbour and unspoilt surrounding countryside. The town centre provides good shopping facilities for day to day needs and the larger centres of Taunton and Exeter are both about 28 miles away. There is a main line railway station at Axminster (6 miles inland). In Lyme Regis there is also a sailing club, bowls, golf course, theatre and numerous local societies.
The town is situated on the beautiful and unspoilt Devon and Dorset Jurassic Coast awarded World Heritage Site status by UNESCO in December 2001.
Nearby Axminster offers further shopping opportunities and restaurants (including the River Cottage Canteen), Flamingo swimming pool and a main line railway station with a regular service to Waterloo (3 hours).
Local schools include Mrs. Ethelston's Church of England Primary School at Uplyme, Woodroffe Secondary School at Lyme Regis and Colyton Grammar School.
East Devon District Council - 01404 515616
Council Tax Band: G
We understand that mains water and electricity are connected but applicants should verify this with their own enquiries. Underfloor oil fired central heating. Economy 7 heating in the Barn Flat. Security system.
Uplyme, Lyme Regis